Seeking a rectangle trampoline best suited to your child’s gymnastics abilities?
You'll find a suitable gymnastics trampoline here for your child – we will go over each of them for you from a gymnast's perspective. There are 5 rectangle trampolines in our range, 3 of which are commonly purchased for families with kids competent in gymnastics who want to practice even more at home. We give the options of High Bounce mat and different spring combinations, along with safety net enclosures as well.
Overview of commercial gymnastic trampoline
- The rectangle jumping mats the kids normally practice on for trampoline gymnastics have the professional 2 string mat.
- a 2 string mat is a very open weave and allows a lot of air through the mat.
- This type is called an Olympic trampoline; they retail around $5000, which on costs alone, rules most families out.
- The sheer size of them can be a problem in the average back yard.
- Annual painting of the mat is also required so an ongoing cost
- The true 2 string Olympic trampolines don't come with safety net enclosures as the general user jumps higher than the net.
- These professional rectangle trampolines for home use are best installed in the ground to minimize the risk or severity of an injury.
- They all have the standard black USA Tencate brand outdoor black trampoline mat,
- An option on all except the small 7x10ft is High Bounce mat and change of springs that are used to enhance the bounce.
- Another point of difference in our rectangle trampolines; to achieve a very nice responsive bounce, is the design of our frames compared to others in the market.
- We have an engineered feature in the frame that forces the frame to respond to a bouncing rebound by flexing back out, giving the feeling through the feet of a very responsive and adequate propelling lift back up
- Our observation over time too; is that most kids who are competent in gymnastics are fairly light so it is important to not get a trampoline that is too big for the child’s weight, strength, and ability
- Our perspective and recommendations below are an "ideal" without consideration of budget or space limitations; we do know that space and budget are very real limits and so do your gymnastic kids; although they may not get the trampoline size they would love; a trampoline is better than no trampoline!
9x14ft Rectangle Trampoline - Gymnast Preferred
- It is ideal for the junior lightweights 8yo - all light gymnasts who like height.
- We start with this one as it was made for the tweens who when doing their round out and flips would land on the pads of the 8x12ft rectangle trampoline but were not heavy enough to get height to do their flips on the 10x17ft
- This rectangular trampoline with safety net enclosure has proven to have been a perfect size for these gymnastics kids
- It is preferred by the kids who want height over space and to feel safe with a strong net enclosure.
- so even older teens who are up to 65kg and a touch above will choose this trampoline for height
- kids that like to practice various "board" sports like water skiing and snowboarding choose between this and the 10x17ft often with just a standard mat over the high bounce.
- Or if families can’t afford or fit a bigger one, kids are very happy with this trampoline for gymnastics and the rest of the family too will like it
- I'm a 65kg adult I love this trampoline and regularly jump on it over all other trampolines we have on display
- typically chosen by mums wanting to get fit after experiencing trampoline park classes.
- There is the option of a "high bounce" mat which does give a 15-20% better bounce and a more effortless bounce as well.
- the high bounce mat will enable the user to use the trampoline for longer before becoming fatigued
- The weave design allows more airflow through the mat than a standard mat.
- Kids over 10+ will be more inclined to choose the higher bounce mat than the younger kids as their weight isn't enough to get the full benefit.
- For kids under 10yo who are after height, we recommend you choose this size with High Bounce mat and the more responsive Australian Galvanized springs.
- This link will give you a lot more information and understanding of what the high bounce mat and spring options will deliver.
- NOTE - If your child is training for Gymnastics or Cheer on a spring floor then a standard mat is often suitable so they don't lose awareness on the springfloor.
NEW Product - 9x14ft Gymnastic String-Pro Trampoline
- Inspired by how many people asked for a professional mat on a 9x14ft frame we took the challenge to deliver such a product.
- Although not a 2 string woven trampoline mat it is as effective for bounce and is used globally for gymnastic competition trampolines
- The mat is hand woven and hand stitched by numerous skilled mat makers over a week.
- The weave is a very open weave allowing a lot of airflow through assisting greatly in the bounce.
- Our plan was to design a woven mat for our existing 9x14ft frame but the nature of the mat and spring combination and tensions meant we had to completely redesign and make a new rectangle trampoline specific to take the mat
- The frame is where a lot of rework went in a rectangular tube of a construction grade steel - so it is thick and strong.
- For taking weight loads the height of the frame was raised as well.
- Pads are thick, wide and secured well to frame, high-grade PVC
- The best bounce is achieved with Australian Galvanised Springs
- The trampoline is sold as an inground trampoline as it comes without a net.
- However, by around mid-2019 we are expecting to release this Professional Gymnastics trampoline with a safety net enclosure and ladder.
The next size up is the 10x17ft Olympic trampoline
- This Olympic-sized trampoline also has an enhanced frame design
- The gymnastic kids who choose this are generally early teens and are after a spacious trampoline to do multi flips and round outs
- If space is what they are after and they are approx 12yo and 50kg+ then this might be the option they would choose.
- Due to their training Gymnastic kids are more likely to achieve a higher bounce on this trampoline than untrained kids even of a heavier weight
- This trampoline will take a bit more effort to bounce on than the one your kids practice on in their gymnastics classes but will give them the same area to work in but at the fraction of the cost to mum and dad!
- A really lovely solid big trampoline and a wonderful social play space for the rest of the family too; add a basketball or 2 to the ends and everyone will be on the trampoline.
- Boys in their teens and 50kg up choose this for parkour and basketball. If more than two teen boys are likely to be on together mucking around - choose the 14x16ft.
- A high bounce mat option available on this one too - the benefit is 10-15% better.
- Although a low percentage increase in benefit over the 2 years of selling this mat more kids choose it as it is quite a noticeable difference in enabling them to go from almost completing a routine to being able to - a surprising result really over time.
- In the 2 years with this trampoline with the high bounce mat on display, we have found a greater take-up of a younger age group, we have found a lot of 8 & 9-year-olds loving this trampoline - they appreciate the space and know they will continue to grow into it as well.
Huge 14x16ft trampoline (Parkour & Cheerleaders Choice)
- Simply from the sheer size of this trampoline; jumping height for gymnastic kids is more difficult (but achievable by some kids – I have witnessed some impressive pocket rockets on this trampoline!)
- But if they are after more floor tumble routine work then this trampoline is ideal; with plenty of space for several girls to work out together on routines.
- Tumble and backward walkover techniques can be mastered well and for kids whose gymnastic discipline is only on the floor, this is a safe place to practice.
- Brilliant choice for a family with a lot of teen boys who like to jump, wrestle and play team ball games - basketball and soccer on the trampoline.
- We also now have a high bounce mat option available with the best bounce noticeable with the use of the Australian Glavanised springs. Most sales have been going through with the high bounce mat and AU Gal springs after kids and adults have bounced on it.
In conclusion – if one of the rectangle trampoline descriptions stands out to you in regards to how your family or gymnasts will use the trampoline follow the relevant links below to see all product specification information, warranty, layby, delivery, pick up information from our various warehouses, and box sizes.
You can buy rectangle gymnastic trampolines by following the links below.
If you are still feeling unsure then please feel free to leave us a message or call us (03) 5292 1100 and chat about your family and how they are likely to use the trampoline. If after reading the information you know you don't have space for the ideal one for your family. I always say "a trampoline is always better than no trampoline" and if it is a little smaller than ideal then the kids will be fine - what they don't know won't be a problem this time!
Scroll down this page a little further for more articles of interest related to rectangle trampolines and choosing a trampoline.