How much does an Olympic trampoline cost vs an Olympic sized trampoline?
If you are like many parents you have kids that are raving about the "you beaut" Olympic trampoline they are using at their trampolining, gymnastics or cheerleading classes; and so they should be, they are an amazing trampoline. With a bounce that gives a perpetual, orbital and springy jump that makes you feel like you can fly; so of course, the kids want one at home!!
With Christmas fast approaching you are on the hunt to see if you can give the special delight to your child; just to have one of their very own Olympic trampolines at home.
- Great for them to practice on at home and hone their skills further, between their many classes.
- A social place to play when their gymnastic friends visit
- Great for the rest of the family too
However, you may have also heard that the trampolines in question are quite pricey for the average family to purchase. Now you must justify the purchase for potentially only one or two children, who may or may not give away this sport before you feel you have had the value from it. Many of us have been here and have been relieved to find a compromise in the market.
It will not give the same bounce but it will give a more than adequate bounce experience for many routines your kids do and give them the same space they are used to working on.
Below I will give an outline of both options available and their approximate costs.
Olympic trampoline and the Olympic sized trampoline (backyard 10x17 ft trampoline)
Olympic rated trampoline:
- Designed for high-end gymnastics eg. Olympics and gymnastic club use
- Primarily used indoors
- The mat used is a 2 string open weave European mat
- Annual mat maintenance costs to enable outdoor use
- Abrasive mat (not good for little kids without full body covering)
- Net enclosure not available
- Strong frame design and structure designed to take excessive forces over extended periods. eg Olympics
- European springs designed for ongoing competition and training use
- Approximate cost $4000-$5000
- Expensive if there is a need to replace a mat ($1000 - $1500). Most mats are irreparable
- Fantastic bounce heights
- The height that users can achieve on these are generally above the skills and standards of the general public skill set
- There is a need to have thick padding on the ground surrounding the trampoline to soften any inadvertent falls
10x17ft Trampoline (Olympic sized trampoline)
It is made to Olympic trampoline dimensions and is huge, robust and also made to last.
What are the differences between this trampoline and an Olympic trampoline?
- This trampoline is designed primarily for use in family backyards as opposed to commercial use
- The unique pre-tensioned frame is designed for best bounce possible on this size with black jumping mats (only available at Trampoline Web and Warehouse)
- Designed to be tough for a wide range of general public skill sets
- UV protected materials providing long outdoor use
- Full net enclosure with upper padded steel structure included
- Anti-graze materials used
- Tough USA woven jumping mat
- 50 mm thick PVC spring cover padding
- Affordable for a wide range of families
- Approximate cost is $1500
- Affordable replacement parts, these are approximately $150-$300
Who does this Olympic sized trampoline suit best?
- The 10x17 ft is a very large, responsive and an enjoyable trampoline to jump on for most ages, especially the mid to higher age groups.
- It is ideal for gymnastic orientated tweens, teens and adults as it has a responsive bounce combined with a great usable space with the extra length for repeat tumbles and to round out flips.
- Teenage boys love this trampoline. To them it feels robust, they can get amazing bounce height typically due to their weight and they can use the large area to burn up excess energy wrestling and playing trampoline soccer, volleyball and basketball.
- Everyone loves how spacious this trampoline feels, there is plenty of room for jumping, flips and other tricks.
- Smaller children who are a little lighter (less than 45 kg) will need to work a bit harder to get the height they need. They may prefer the 9x14 ft trampoline for height but if it is the space they are mostly after they often choose to compromise on the bounce for the space knowing they will grow into it.
This is a high-quality trampoline that is made to last and is guaranteed to provide hours of entertainment. Scroll down for more related articles or feel free to contact us with any questions you may still have. If you prefer to talk over the phone please call (03) 52921100.